Wood Sales

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
I am trying to sell $2000-$3000 in wood every year.... a lofty goal when you hand split everything. At $75/ 1/2 cord that's a lot of wood 26+ loads, not doable right now.

I think I found a good niche market in wood for smokers, specifically hickory and cherry. I sell a lot of 1/4 cords for $60, mostly to guys who enjoy smoking. Every time I roll up with my rig to deliver, I get the same response "Man...... that's a lot of wood. I also sell 50# feed sacks full for $8-10 a bag. Turns out, I'm getting about $300/cord vs $150/cord for regular firewood. Have done well on craigslist.

That ain't too shabby.

Sounds like a winner!

buy a splitter, less wear and tear on the body. And maybe be able to split more wood, or not. But running something with hydraulics is surly more fun if its all possible.

youll be able to split twice as much with the splitter once you get the knack of you can really move throgh some wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.