1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

wood score

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by jotul 36, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jotul 36

jotul 36 New Member

I have been out cutting wood all day. I scored a locust tree that came down in the wind last week. It has been dead for some time, but the wood is very good already seasoned. it wasnt too bad on the blade either. When I got home , I threw a few splits on the fire. This is the best burning wood i ever had, it burns very hot and lasts a long time. i collected about 2 cords today. i am really feeling it now. i also cut mulberry, and box elder. green for 2010

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    [quote author="jotul 36" date="1235279880"]I have been out cutting wood all day. I scored a locust tree that came down in the wind last week. It has been dead for some time, but the wood is very good already seasoned. it wasnt too bad on the blade either. When I got home , I threw a few splits on the fire. This is the best burning wood i ever had, it burns very hot and lasts a long time. i collected about 2 cords today. i am really feeling it now. i also cut mulberry, and box elder. green for 2010[/q

great score!!!! but so we can enjoy it almost as much as you please post pics....
  3. bsruther

bsruther Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern Kentucky
    That sounds like a pretty good haul. Locust is a good wood to burn...especially when it's free.
  4. jpl1nh

jpl1nh Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Newfields NH
    Just the thought of having it makes you feel warm all over doesn't it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.