Wood scrounger alert in Charlotte NC w/ pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodpileOCD

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2011
Central NC
I answered and an ad on CL for free wood and here is what I found. It is all pine and I got a trailer load. I don't usually mess with Pine and now I remember why. What a gawd-awwwwwful mess. Everything I own is sticky beyond description. I knew it was messy but forgot just how messy.

All that aside, you can see that it is easy pickings if you are interested. The guy who cut it is a small time tree guy and he said he had a logging company lined up to take the trees but they have backed out for some reason. Now he is stuck trying to get the wood out of the yard and it wasn't included in his bid. Well it was but by the other company. I'm only going to get the one trailer load because I want to see how it will do next year before I load up. Read a good thread here on burning pine and it peaked my interest so I'll give it a try.

Address is 2367 Carmel Road, Charlotte NC
Phone number of the guy who did the cutting is 704-435-6113 and his name is Jeff. Tell him Rusty told you about it.

Attachments

• pine wood-1.jpg
    pine wood-1.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 260
  • pine wood-2.jpg
    pine wood-2.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 245
[quote author="WoodpileOCD" date="1297495467"]

Did you clean your bar and if so what did you use?

Zap

zapny said:
WoodpileOCD said:
Did you clean your bar and if so what did you use?

Zap

No not yet, I'm thinking mineral spirits or a liberal, very liberal dose of WD40 while I'm cutting something else tomorrow. Just douse the bar and chain and cut.

Any other suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.