wood scrounging jackpot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonNC

Jan 3, 2011
Fayetteville, NC
Saw a tree service loading logs at a church yard and stopped to ask. He said I could have all I wanted from the company yard. He would even deliver dumptruck loads of 95 percent pine for 50 bucks a load. I can pick up for free.

Seasoned pine is fine with me

hmmmm...sounds kinda familiar. ever read the post from "jasong---PO'd"? its in the woodshed! you wouldn't happen to be anywhere near texas now, would you???

just grabbed a trailer load of bucked oak at the town DPW yard.........bunch of logs down there waiting to be chunked up - can't use chainsaw there so just keep swingin by every day or so to see how the inventory looks and be ready to pounce - free wood for life - the taxes are high but at least I have found fringe benefit

Status
Not open for further replies.