WOOD SEASONING

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The resident humorists aren't too bad either and a great way to spill morning coffee.

BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
ya know you are right... people could search and ao forth...... but if hes bored now wait till winter hits because its all gonna be "my stove isn't heating enough" "what temp should my stove be" but this is to be expected due the LARGE increase we are seeing of new stove owners..... this forum has really been busy this summer wasn't like this last year

And a lot of folks spending the night on the couch keeping an eye on that thing burning in the house the first few times. Even after all these years I remember that night well.

me too and with all this rain i really wish it would get cold and snowy!!!
at least we would all be happy!!

BrotherBart said:
iceman said:
ya know you are right... people could search and ao forth...... but if hes bored now wait till winter hits because its all gonna be "my stove isn't heating enough" "what temp should my stove be" but this is to be expected due the LARGE increase we are seeing of new stove owners..... this forum has really been busy this summer wasn't like this last year

And a lot of folks spending the night on the couch keeping an eye on that thing burning in the house the first few times. Even after all these years I remember that night well.

Yes I too remember that night. I didn't spend it on the couch (probably should of) but got up probably 4 or 5 times to check on things. I did the install myself from the chimney right down to building the hearthpad, so as the days, weeks and months went on without incident, it certainly produced a deep sense of satisfaction in a job well done (and done right).

I sure as hell wouldn't of attempted it had it not been for the information I recieved from the members of this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.