Wood seller comedy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rougement

Oct 20, 2009
Mn, US
Saturday I answered an ad in the local paper, guy selling oak, split and delivered. The lady tells me it was split in the spring. Everything I've read here tells me it's not going to be ready this winter but I agree and she says her husband will call to arrange delivery. I figure it'll be ready next year so what the hell. He just calls me, I ask him how long it's been split for, "we'll split it before we deliver it", "but you do know it's not dry yet?", "(patronizing laugh) well I don't know where you heard that but it's pretty dry"

"I think I'll pass"

It would still be a good purchase for next year or so if the price is right. You might want to give him the web address of hearth.com. Then he can find out "where you heard that". And maybe he would learn something to boot.

It all depends on the price and how much room you have to store it.

Status
Not open for further replies.