wood seller update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCoBernie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2008
Well I thought I hit the jackpot. I found 1 local dealer who said he thought he had about 2 cords left of 1 year old split mixed hardwood on his work lot and would deliver it for only $170 per cord! I scheduled delivery today. After a few hours waiting for the confirmation call to come in I get a phone call from the seller..im excited! Perfect timing too because I just got home. Unfortunately the guy said he went to the lot to load up and someone stole his remaining 2 cords of wood!!

Fortunately a member on Hearth.com has come to the rescue and spotted me some seasoned wood....im picking it up tomorrow.

What a day.

I'll bet that was a disappointment too. But can you imagine what the dealer was thinking when he saw all that wood gone?

Backwoods Savage said:
I'll bet that was a disappointment too. But can you imagine what the dealer was thinking when he saw all that wood gone?

Yup. He was thinking, "Boy am I glad I found another buyer and sold that 2 cords for $200/cord instrad of $170/cord."

Status
Not open for further replies.