Wood Shed Finished

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMonter

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
Hayden, ID
Shed is basically done. Just looking for a cutoff wheel for my circular saw to trim a metal roof panel. Learned a lot from the last shed (shown on the 4th picture) and had the first real rain last night since it was finished.
Wood Shed Resized 1.JPGWood Shed Resized 2.JPGWood Shed Resized 3.JPGWood Shed Resized 4.JPG

The new rack holds right at 6 cord when full there is just under 2.5 cord in it now. The rest needs stacked but I was in a hurry yesterday to get everything split before the rain showed up last night.

This picture shows something I learned from the last shed. I didn't leave enough metal roof overhanging the edge for a drip edge. That's something I'll have to address soon likely by inserting some flashing under the roof edge and extending it out about 3/4 of an inch.

DSCN0732.JPG

Shed is basically done. Just looking for a cutoff wheel for my circular saw to trim a metal roof panel. Learned a lot from the last shed (shown on the 4th picture) and had the first real rain last night since it was finished.
View attachment 77471View attachment 77472View attachment 77473View attachment 77470

The new rack holds right at 6 cord when full there is just under 2.5 cord in it now. The rest needs stacked but I was in a hurry yesterday to get everything split before the rain showed up last night.

This picture shows something I learned from the last shed. I didn't leave enough metal roof overhanging the edge for a drip edge. That's something I'll have to address soon likely by inserting some flashing under the roof edge and extending it out about 3/4 of an inch.

View attachment 77474
Looks good enjoy

Congrats TM you will love the shelter!

Ray

Nice roof pitch, that should shed the snow

Nice shed tMon, Im going to build one this spring once my hips healed and I can get back to work, how much do you estimate that cost for materials?

Nice shed tMon, Im going to build one this spring once my hips healed and I can get back to work, how much do you estimate that cost for materials?

The lumber was ~$240 and the metal roofing was $81. The hurricane clips, bolts and square drive Dacron screws were about another $25-30. I already had the Tar Paper from a previous job. I likely could have gone cheaper but I wanted something that could hold up over time.

I did get a deal on some of the lumber on sale which helped. Normall 2x4x96 studs are $2.35 and I got them for $1.96 on sale and there is damn near 50 of them on the shed.

Changes I would make? I would use 2x8's for the roof supports and 2x10's for the base for a 16 foot span. Just too much flex otherwise which is why I sunk two extra posts at the base.

The lumber was ~$240 and the metal roofing was $81. The hurricane clips, bolts and square drive Dacron screws were about another $25-30. I already had the Tar Paper from a previous job. I likely could have gone cheaper but I wanted something that could hold up over time.

I did get a deal on some of the lumber on sale which helped. Normall 2x4x96 studs are $2.35 and I got them for $1.96 on sale and there is damn near 50 of them on the shed.

Changes I would make? I would use 2x8's for the roof supports and 2x10's for the base for a 16 foot span. Just too much flex otherwise which is why I sunk two extra posts at the base.
Not bad, about $350, very nice, that would solve my storage problem.

Your getting spoiled with all the dry wood.
Very nice addition to your wood storage.

Your 3rd shed will have all the bugs ironed out ;)

Dry, neat & well kept. No more tarps is gonna be nice eh?
Good job:)

Reactions: PapaDave
Status
Not open for further replies.