Wood shed-how many cords??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
guy in town just built a monster wood shed and he put solar panels on the roof that feed his home.....looks beautiful but he has over 100 acres :)

Got wood.....that's my thinking simple, functional, cheap

I can get about 7 cord, according to the math, in the shed. I try and stock one side for this year, one side for next year. I used to move it to the house using a wheel barrow, then my craftsman with a trailer, now a little john deere with a bucket loader.
SHED 1.JPG SHED 2.JPG

Reactions: blacktail
I can get about 7 cord, according to the math, in the shed. I try and stock one side for this year, one side for next year. I used to move it to the house using a wheel barrow, then my craftsman with a trailer, now a little john deere with a bucket loader.
SHED 1.JPG SHED 2.JPG
Very nice

I figure conservatively . . . 11 cords . . . figuring in space between rows. Outside dimensions are 12.6 x 21.6 . . . I stack approximately 6.6 feet tall.

Mainly built it this large since I was using some of the old (and very large) swingset cement footings.

And here's a picture . . . the white screen is for my outdoor movie theater which I've dubbed "The Behind the Woodshed Movie Cinema" . . . although technically it's in front of the woodshed.

012.JPG

Thinking ahead to next year, and what size wood shed to build. I have a small area where we stack our wood now (about 5 cords) and I'm just wondering how many cords your shed holds, and how big it is (not a personal question either :) ) I don't want a huge shed as it is next to the house. Just trying to see what my options are

Post pics if ya have em

My shed is 10' x 20' because bigger than 200 square feet requires a building permit here in WA. It's divided into two 10'x10' bays. I figure each side holds 4 cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.