Wood shed is done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Egghead

Jan 18, 2013
Williamson, GA
Finished up the wood shed today. Nothing special- 12x12 but should hold enough for 2-3 years. Went together pretty easy. The grade is about 9" from left to right. Had to buy some longer 4x's to compensate. Everything else (lumber) was free from my work. After the tin (free screws), I've got about $220 in it. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with it- now just got to move some wood into it!
16d60e5da14b1169d4e0e07dd32793b4.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. That is very similar to what I was thinking up today.

I'm looking forward to having the firewood in a shed this season, too. I have only to put the last 4 sheets of T1-11 on it. I need to close it in, as we're waterfront and the snow comes in sideways. Last year I made up my mind that the wood was going to be in a shed after the first snowstorm blew snow into every little nook and cranny in the pile, despite being wrapped tight in tarps. I spent the rest of the season knocking ice off each piece of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.