Wood shed near miss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

English BoB

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2014
Brunswick NY
DSCF0155.JPG DSCF0156.JPG DSCF0157.JPG

I though the stack was leaning, so I poked it with a shovel and down she came. !!!!!!!!!.

Most of it landed inside the shed - sure made me jump.:oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: D8Chumley
Been there, done that. About an hour's worth of (re)work.

Reactions: TheBigIron
Mine fell yesterday and like FTG-05 says about an hour of (re)work:mad:

I would leave it as is and just take pieces out as I load the stove up, still got many more burning days left in the winter.

Its staying where it is, its not an issue........lets more air to the stack behind it :):)

bob

Something must be going on--one of my stacks fell yesterday. Coincidence, or a conspiracy? I blame the wind but I guess it was mostly my fault for stacking too high. I've been splitting a lot of oak and, instead of taking the time to set up a new stack, I kept adding to the old one. Lesson learned--six feet is too high for a single row. I kind of knew that but I was in a hurry to get the wood off the ground. At least I got to enjoy some beautiful weather this afternoon while building the new stack.

Pile.jpg

Oops, mine was nearly 8 ft high in the shed, 1st fall ever and I started it.

bob

At least it did not damage you or the shed......LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.