Wood shed Project Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bogydave said:
Hurry up & get some fire wood in the sucker.
Below freezing here, you need to hurry :)

Looking good,
professional job!

Lol well with my dads help it is professional, he has been a carpenter and owned his own business for many years. im lucky to have have him help me. and i think you guys are more anxious than i am to get wood in there lol.. i think im going to get a truck load of stone to throw in there and all around it. hopefully this weekend me and the wife will be out starting to load it.

ecocavalier02 said:
bogydave said:
Hurry up & get some fire wood in the sucker.
Below freezing here, you need to hurry :)

Looking good,
professional job!

Lol well with my dads help it is professional, he has been a carpenter and owned his own business for many years. im lucky to have have him help me. and i think you guys are more anxious than i am to get wood in there lol.. i think im going to get a truck load of stone to throw in there and all around it. hopefully this weekend me and the wife will be out starting to load it.

Hehheh . . . you're a better man than me . . . and much more patient . . . I had not even finished my woodshed and I was already loading it up since I could not contain myself. Again . . . it looks nice and I suspect you'll really enjoy using the woodshed this winter.

Well I have trying to be patient but I am definantly anxious. I've just been extremely busy with work and haven't had time yet. It's coming Soon. Now I just need to we how much a truck load I'd stone cause I think I really need some I'm there or it's goin ti be a mess when it rains.

ecocavalier02 said:
Well I have trying to be patient but I am definantly anxious. I've just been extremely busy with work and haven't had time yet. It's coming Soon. Now I just need to we how much a truck load I'd stone cause I think I really need some I'm there or it's goin ti be a mess when it rains.

Stone/gravel , good plan.
That's a real good idea. I may do that to mine around the front.
It will give good draining & like you said , clean to walk in & around. Plus low maintenance.

Great lookin' wood shelter.
I built something similar a year ago using pallets for a floor with 4" of stone underneath. I expect the pallets to last for several years. This combination is excellent at keeping everything dry and highly recommended.
Mine is 8 x 17 and piled 6 feet high, holds 6+ cords.
OK, ok...a picture shows it better.

Sept1910.jpg

Very nice looking shelter 727Sunset!

Ray

I like the rustic log look of your shed Sunset . . . stars and moon don't do much for me . . . but it is different and shows some creativity . . . just not my thing.

well i got some wood in there it was dark so the pics arent the best. the front looks ugly cause i have the uglies stacked all up front some of them are real crap so im going to mix thm with some really dry branches i got and probably going to sweep the chimney after just to be safe after i get done buring them. first year stacking in the shed was interesting got it all stacked tight so i dont think its going anywhere.. will be nice when i put some walls in so i dont have to build walls

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 236
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 250
Looks great Eco, that's a lot of dry BTUs sitting just outside the door. It's nice of you to grant the uglies a short time under the roof. They get shown no such honor around here.

Wow you've been busy! It's a good feeling getting that much work done.. Good job on the shelter!

Ray

Well I was debating bringing them up or wheelbarowing them up as I needed them, cause there a pain ti stack. So I gave in and just brought em up

Status
Not open for further replies.