Wood shed roof dripping liquid water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Warm enough in the sun today to melt some snow :)
Even warmer in the sun than the temp shows.

Attachments

• 100_7190.jpg
    100_7190.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 519
  • 100_7189.jpg
    100_7189.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 505
  • 100_7188.jpg
    100_7188.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 513
wow that was our LOW temp for several evenings this past week! :lol:

I'm down to a small fire at night, all I need to keep the house in the 70s.

37,that's 3 degrees warmer than it was here today.Sun finally popped out around noon,burned off the morning fog.Melted most of the snow/ice off the trees & powerlines,some were sagging a little.

Just enough of a tease for us to think about winter being over.
I've got way too many years here to believe winter is close to over.
None the less, it feels good. The extra daylight & solar heat is good. :)
The Iditarod sled dog race to Nome don't start for 25 days.
Weird enough winter every where that Feb & March could hammer use, but I'm (like always) pulling for an early Spring :)
Hopefully we won't get any more -20°f temps here.
Bringing in some spruce to burn now.
Most of the snow melted off the Green house roof, :)

must feel like summer when it warms like that after a cold spell.

Time to put on new grips. :cheese:

The sun makes it feel quite a bit warmer too. It's down to ~25* now and it's kinda brrrr with the breeze. Without a thermostat I would find it hard to judge if it's 25 or -25, to me feels about the same.

Dave, that's your January thaw. lol Your day was almost exactly like ours. Today the temperature is falling and we're finally back below freezing.

Could be.
The jet stream is really different this year. We're at 34° now , clear with 12 MPH winds, & to be above normal temps for a week or more.
I don't remember getting a flow from the SE, like now, from Seattle to Alaska upper level air flow.
Strange but I like it. Setting up for some really different weather, I just hope it's good weather when it hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.