Wood shed showing sings of use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
1-1/3rd rows of wood gone. Had a helper today.
2-2/3rd rows left to go. (well the middle section is 2 - 3 yr old wood too)
Stove emptied, I think I could get several more pounds in there now. Amazes me one bucket of ashes = the wood box full.
Actually thinking it was going to be fun re-filling it next year. Wife is right; I'm nuts :)

Attachments

• 100_6928.jpg
    100_6928.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 676
  • 100_6932.jpg
    100_6932.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 670
That still looks like a whole lot of firewood remaining in the shed. What's left would take us YEARS to burn. Lookin' good...

Looks great Bogydave, your lucky the big guy didn't flip your rig. ;-)

zap

Gark said:
That still looks like a whole lot of firewood remaining in the shed. What's left would take us YEARS to burn. Lookin' good...

Thanks
3 sections
Each section is about 1 years worth (5+ cords) far left, this years CSS wood. Be ready 2013/14.
Middle section some 1-1/2 yr spruce & 2yr+ old birch. 2012/13

zapny said:
Looks great Bogydave, your lucky the big guy didn't flip your rig. ;-)

zap

A true Alaskan dog. Under blankets. :)
Wants to eat the tires if not in my coat on on the machine. Real killer.

What's the paperwork in the green folder on the wall. Some sort of work order form to keep track of your firewood consumption?

Carbon_Liberator said:
What's the paperwork in the green folder on the wall. Some sort of work order form to keep track of your firewood consumption?

"How To" Instructions :
Start a new fire in a cold stove.
Loading the stove
Emptying the ashes.

I have similar instructions next to our boiler just in case the Mrs has a senior moment.

My first year with our woodshed and after last nights ice/snow mix I'm glad to be done with tarps!

Some folks put different things in their milk crates.

muncybob said:
I have similar instructions next to our boiler just in case the Mrs has a senior moment.

My first year with our woodshed and after last nights ice/snow mix I'm glad to be done with tarps!

Agree. Wood shed is one of the things I can't believe it took so long to put up. All the years I chased tarps, ice/snow covered/snow drifted, frozen together stacks, falling over rows etc..etc..
+ like the Wife says : "looks kept"
Instructions are for the Mrs too.: Basement sometimes hard t get a draft & new cat stove is different & Some safety

Attachments

• 100_6923.jpg
    100_6923.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_6924.jpg
    100_6924.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_6926.jpg
    100_6926.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 313
Dave, I just finished the first 2 rows in the shed (just under a cord) yesterday and started putting some from the next row on the front porch.
I'm hoping the next row will get me through December, then I'll need almost 2 full cord for Jan.-Feb., and that'll be the end of the left side of the shed.
If I have any left on that side at the end of Feb., I'll be a happy guy. :coolsmile:
I'm not counting on it.
What's the saying? Plan for the worst, but hope for the best. I got it covered (literally and figuratively). ;-)

Damn that is alot of work! I don't do 1/2 of that!

bogydave said:
muncybob said:

Agree. Wood shed is one of the things I can't believe it took so long to put up. All the years I chased tarps, ice/snow covered/snow drifted, frozen together stacks, falling over rows etc..etc..
+ like the Wife says : "looks kept"
Instructions are for the Mrs too.: Basement sometimes hard t get a draft & new cat stove is different & Some safety

Status
Not open for further replies.