Wood shed update, now with siding (also some milling pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flyingvranch said:
That's a nice job that you've done with the milled siding. I built my shed last year doing the same thing. I kept the live edge on the boards because I liked the look I suppose. My slabs were cut out of yellow pine a little over 1" thick. I just nailed them up green after cutting and they have dried nicely in the hot Texas sun this year. I always mill out any dead pines that I find on my ranch. I hate to see wood go to waste, especially since it's so darned expensive to buy. I just use a Stihl MS361 and a simple chainsaw milling attachment. Runs through that soft pine like butter and makes a fairly nice finish too.
Great job on your shed and I hope it serves you well!

Gotta say that is a nice wood shelter and even better wood stacks!

Ray

Disco, if you go there in February or March, you might have to dig down through the snow to find that wood shed. lol I'm reminded of one time we sold a house and we had a small lp tank. The new owners wanted to know how much lp was in the tank. I had my oldest son dig down so we could see how full the tank was. lol Then after they moved in they had a problem because every time they came home their 2 dogs were always sitting on the peak of the roof of the house. It was easy as the snow went up to the eaves with no problem. Such is northern MI.

Status
Not open for further replies.