1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

wood size

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by relax, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relax

relax New Member

Loc:
    Buchanan north dakota
    been burning now nearly most every day last couple weeks,and am finding all those small 1 1/2---2'' pieces are comming in handy for restarts on small coal beds...man I love this wood burning illness...ZZZim

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. eba1225

eba1225 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Chester Springs, Pa
    2 inches or bigger goes to the normal wood pile, 1/2 - 2 goes on the kindling and Chiminea pile, so to answer your question I take everything greater than 1/2 in.
  3. bayshorecs

bayshorecs New Member

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    The small 1-3" stuff cuts quick and keeps the 8 year old busy loading the trailer since she can't carry the big stuff.
  4. boogieman

boogieman New Member

Loc:
    Southeast Iowa
    We cut down to about an inch, sometimes we go smaller like 1/2-3/4 with hickory since it burns good even small.
  5. CowboyAndy

CowboyAndy New Member

Loc:
    Chateaugay, NY
    My boy is 9, and when we first started cutting he could barely handle the 5-6" stuff. Now, he's handeling 12"+ rounds! Especially when there is someone around and he wants to show off...

Now my 12 year old girl, she is another story. She will pich up 2 pieces of 2" and drag them on the ground, grunt when putting them in the trailer then say she needs a break...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.