wood size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
been burning now nearly most every day last couple weeks,and am finding all those small 1 1/2---2'' pieces are comming in handy for restarts on small coal beds...man I love this wood burning illness...ZZZim

bayshorecs said:
The small 1-3" stuff cuts quick and keeps the 8 year old busy loading the trailer since she can't carry the big stuff.

My boy is 9, and when we first started cutting he could barely handle the 5-6" stuff. Now, he's handeling 12"+ rounds! Especially when there is someone around and he wants to show off...

Now my 12 year old girl, she is another story. She will pich up 2 pieces of 2" and drag them on the ground, grunt when putting them in the trailer then say she needs a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.