wood splinters in pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreamer

Dec 7, 2008
East Central IL
The brand of pellets I'm using right (Clean Burn) now has a lot of wood splinters in the bag. Has anyone else had this problem? Will it hurt anything to just burn them up with the pellets?

I have the same "problem" with the Premier pellets that I shouldn't have bought......lots of wood strands/splinters/shavings. Not sure how these get through the die that makes the pellets, but unless they are REALLY big, I think they'll just go through the auger and burn just fine.

daydreamer said:
The brand of pellets I'm using right (Clean Burn) now has a lot of wood splinters in the bag. Has anyone else had this problem? Will it hurt anything to just burn them up with the pellets?

I am using Manke Lumber "Clean Burn" pellets and I have noted splinters and "fines" as well...My St. Croix seems to digest them well.... no problems to report.

Status
Not open for further replies.