1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Wood splitter sale

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by scfa99, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scfa99

scfa99 New Member

Loc:
    New Jersey, USA
    Looking to pickup a 20-27 ton log splitter. My buddy and I are going to buy it and split the cost. We are not in a rush, willing to wait a year or 2 to get a good deal. We currently split by hand but would like a splitter to hanlde the large rounds and crotches.

My question is this. Do the big box stores ever put splitters on clearance (end of year) sale? If so when is end of year for a splitter? Also what type of discount do they apply? I know fireplace products they dump at 50% off end of year, but i doubt they do that for splitters.

Lowes has a troybilt with a honda motor but we're not willing to go 1300 bucks, would like to keep the purchase around 800-900.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    If you have a Harbor Freight within reach sign up for their email coupons. They send about one a week and once a month it is one worth twenty-percent off of a purchase. Sale price or not. Then when they put the 27 ton on sale for $1099, like it is now, lay a coupon on them and get it for $880. Or get the 24 ton for $700.
  3. DavidV

DavidV New Member

Loc:
    Richmond VA
    I'm with brother bart. Other than that, buy used. sometimes you can get used as low as 400. I paid 660 for a 30 ton with a 30 inch stroke. I'll use it till my back gives out on me then get one that flips up.

David
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.