Wood splittin' time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaDave

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2008
Northern MI - in the mitten
Been working in the woods for the last few weeks.
Took down 3 damaged Oak and several damaged Maple. Most is c/s/s, but still almost a cord remain to get done.
This is from this morning (well, I put it out there yesterday).
When these piles are done, I'll have put up a cord of Oak and about 2 cord of Maple from the property.
Should have been doing this the last couple years......I wouldn't have needed to be out there right now.:mad:
I'd still like to get some more from my SIL's place. That may be happening in about a week or so.
I'll do pics if it happens.
1105121158.jpg 1105121158a.jpg 1105121154.jpg

The splitter is horizontal and no milk crate?;lol

Reactions: PapaDave
Dave, I swear one of these days I have to drive over there to show you how to split wood! ;) Do you have a milk crate?

Good for you for getting that stuff. Lengthens the time before you need to buy a log load.

Reactions: PapaDave
Wow, Those are some beautiful looking rounds! Almost a shame to split them they look so good :p

Splitter .. to ... trailer to.. ? .. mile long stack?

3 cords is quite a bit of wood & quite a bit of work.
Few trailer loads :)

Nice set up.
good pictures

Looking good

Don't you ever get any chunks or ugly's? What beautiful looking wood. Nice job.

Status
Not open for further replies.