Wood Stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigIron

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2014
Peru, IL
Thought that I would share my latest wood stacking idea. Made this out of material that I had lying around the house and farm. Thought also that i would save the first row from rotting. Is this a good idea or not? Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.JPG
    IMG_0826.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 234
I'd say it should be fine. It's up off the ground and that's what really matters. My .02

Looks really nice. As said, as long as off the ground. That's why people use pallets a lot. Some even use long branches as poles and put those on the ground. A+ looks great

Looks good to me, What I don't like is when people use the cinder blocks and put 2x4's in the holes to make the vertical supports, yes does it work? of course, it just looks horrible to me, it actually bothers me to an extent almost a wood stacking sin.

Reactions: TheAardvark
Status
Not open for further replies.