Wood stacking question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Wood

Nov 23, 2012
Flinton Ontario
I am starting plans on my wood shed and wanted to see how every one else stacks wood in their shed.
After it has dried 2 to 3 years outside and you put in your wood shed do you leave any space for air? If it is dry I don't see any reason to leave any space if it has a roof over it.

We stack 3 rows in the barn every fall. Stack it tight. We even stack it right up to the roof.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking just wanted to make sure. Just want to do this once and get it right the first time.

Stacked tight to the rafters.

Cool. I learned something else on the forum.:)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Yep;
tight , to & in the rafters.
Helps the roof handle even more snow load. LOL :)
100_7896.JPG

That looks good. I am thinking around four year supply 15 to 20 cord. Maybe when I get it built you could take a vacation come down and show me how you do that. After the first 10 or 12 cord I could take it from there.

Thanks
Will work for White oak & Hickory :)

Reactions: ScotO
great site for sure.....full of great info and great people....
BogyDave, that is truly a work of art there....

Status
Not open for further replies.