Wood storage shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Feb 11, 2006
Ohio
I'm looking for an easy storage shed for seasoned wood to put near the house. Does anyone think this shed would hold up to the weight of a lot of wood? The manufacturer said the floor could hold the weight of a car if it was evenly distributed. The floor is rubber and I thought I would put hardwood over it. Based on the dimensions (7'x7'x7.9' ) it could hold about 2 cords stacked six feet high. What does everyone use for storage of seasoned wood near the house?

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd110080

Thanks for any input, I new to all this. Regency I3100 being installed tommorrow.

Nice looking shed but what about ventilation? Does it have windows? Need some air movement in there to keep the humidity and condensation at bay.

I've seen that Marty. Looks cool, but problem is I live in the suburbs, so the city would never let me build something like that, and definitely not near the house. I'm also very busy with work and a nine month old and don't have time to build something.

Hmmmm... good point about the ventillation. I didn't think about that. With the plastic roof it would likely get very hot and humid in there. It has two small vent areas near the peak of the roof, but they are small and probably would not do much.

That plastic shed is nice. Too bad you couldn't put a ridge vent and some ground level intake vents on it.

Thanks for the ideas. I figure I could add a few ground level intake vents and put to vents on the front and back near the roof peak to exhaust the hot air. May not be ideal ventillation but should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.