Wood Stove Add on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mgilbo1

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse, NY
I have a Weil Mclain WGO Series 3 oil boiler with water baseboard heat, runs great but was costly last year and most likely this year as well. I'm looking to add a wood stove add on. There used to be one next to my Weil but my father in law took it a few years back but left all the connections intact. My house is 1600 sqft and I'm looking for some suggestions on good wood stove brands. I was hoping the wood stove could be thermostat controlled as well.

Thank you in advance..

Mark

P.S. Both my Weil and Wood stove would be vented into seperate chimneys.

mgilbo1 said:
I have a Weil Mclain WGO Series 3 oil boiler with water baseboard heat, runs great but was costly last year and most likely this year as well. I'm looking to add a wood stove add on. There used to be one next to my Weil but my father in law took it a few years back but left all the connections intact. My house is 1600 sqft and I'm looking for some suggestions on good wood stove brands. I was hoping the wood stove could be thermostat controlled as well.

Thank you in advance..

Mark

P.S. Both my Weil and Wood stove would be vented into seperate chimneys.
U s stove comany 1300 or 1400 stove will work nice!

I assume you are looking for a wood boiler - some of the folks in the Boiler room will have some suggestions for sure.

I feel your pain on the oil heat costs - just took out a 1950's oil boiler and installed a small slantfin electric, and intend to use my insert as much as possible. Up here in Nova Scotia, electric boiler install, including a 200amp service install, was cheaper than replacing with another oil boiler, not to mention lower fuel costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.