Wood stove / Bakers oven

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmilligan

Jul 3, 2008
Bangor Maine
Does anyone have any leads on a wood stove / bakers oven. Building a cabin in northern Maine and would like to have a wood stove that the wife could make pizza or bread in. Would like something with a decent size fire box so I could go 6 hours or so between fill ups. Waking up at 3 in the morning shivering doesn't rate to high on my "Fun Scale".
Thanks

Maybe do what I am doing- get a nice big wood stove for heating, and put a wood cookstove in the kitchen. Here's what I picked up on Craigslist for $1000. Still gotta get the chimney in, though.

Attachments

• IMG_2144.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 540
Id love to find something like that for 1000 Mike. I looked and came up with nothing so far. Will go with what I have for now and keep on looking for a cookstove in the future.

The new ones are very pricey...

nyk0306 said:
Mike, that is totally and completely gorgeous---and the floor is too. Enjoy it.

Thanks for the compliments! The stove is actually a Heartland Sweetheart - modern reproduction of the old ones all decked out in nickel. And the floor...that was my first real tile job about two years ago. Nice because it's on a concrete slab. It was originally supposed to be all green 12"x12" tiles, but I didn't have enough of them and couldn't get them anymore - I bought them closeout the year before. So...had to supplement with other tiles, and that's what I came up with. They are all the same manufacturer and material (3/8" thick porcelain), just different colors (Rialto green, Rialto noce, and Rialto terra cotta, I think). I took me three days and two cases of beer to do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.