Wood stove baking Sheet and its paint?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

04HemiRam2500

Feeling the Heat
Jul 10, 2013
SW PA
I remember a few years ago seeing in the northern tool catalog a cast iron baking sheet that went around the flue of the wood stove and sat on top of it?

I can not find one now and wanted to know it it is called?

I dusted it yesterday and once it got going I noticed that I did not dust off the stove top thermometer. So when I did the cloth touched the top of the stove and left a smugged spot. I let it cool and took a spunge to try to rub it off and when I did I got the top heavy stuff off but the stuff is there lightly and the paint is a little bright silverish.

I figured no big deal if you cook on it other people would have this issue and they would just paint iit in the summer.

Well, I do plan on cooking on top of it occassionally so I would like to get the cook top that I saw.

Also, should I repaint it what type of paint does the englander 30 have and where to buy it?

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.