Wood stove brand?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and post it here if you like. If it fits better in the hearth room after looking at it, we'll move it over. If there is no tag and it's a newer stove (early 80's and newer) then it's probably just lost. No tag before that usually meant it was pre-UL approval.

pen

Thanks Pen....I attached the pics. I originally posted this back on the 13th, but had no takers.. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 368
I can guarantee you this is in the right room.

However, I am sorry but I can't help you identify it.

You looking to know just out of curiosity?

pen

went back and found your original thread. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/83438/

Looks like you need the info for insurance purposes. I had the same problem w/ my old fisher stove (no UL tag). First few insurance co's I talked to wouldn't do business unless it was UL listed. Ended up with travelers who used generic guidelines for an install of a non-UL appliance (roughly, 18 inches of non-combustible in front of loading doors and 36 inches to combustibles) (more info found here https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/installing_a_woodstove)

It looks like you are having troubles for having less than the 18 inches in front of loading doors and perhaps too close to combustibles in the rear? Knowing the requirements of that specific stove could help reduce that if it is less for it (doubtful that it's less though). I'd still suggest calling around and find a company willing to work with you. Then we could help you either make the area around that stove suitable or else find a stove that will work for that spot.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.