Wood Stove Decathalon Burn Times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntindog1

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2011
South Central Indiana
Hey all you guys that made it see if you can get some info on burn times as I see that burn time isnt a criteria in the judging.

Thanks.

If burn times was a factor then I am sure that BK would have participated. Out of the participating stoves I would say the Woodstock and Lopi would be the two front runners for burn times followed by the Intensifire (depending on what size firebox you put it in). You have masonry stoves which burn fast and put out heat for hours and hours as well.

One of the stove builders dropped out because the Park Service had some kind of restriction that wouldn't let them stuff the stoves full. They have to have them smoke free as fast as possible so that means small loads. So burn time is a non-issue.

Don't know. I remember reading it in some of the stuff online I was reading about the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.