Wood stove/fireplace made from an old bombshell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
bombshell-furniture-art-21.jpg

bombshell-furniture-art-19.jpg

EPA approved? Cat or non cat

That is a mine! Extremely cool.

kingquad said:

I'm guessing no on the EPA approval. Also guessing no on it being a cat or having secondary burn tubes.

BrotherBart said:
That is a mine! Extremely cool.

I thought it was a mine. It was part of a larger collection of furniture made from bombshells.

BrowningBAR said:
kingquad said:

I'm guessing no on the EPA approval. Also guessing no on it being a cat or having secondary burn tubes.
Rear vent option available? OAK? Mobile home approved?

04.jpg

03.jpg

07.jpg

05.jpg

And a really kick ass charcoal grill:
IMG_5304.jpg

Hmmm.... I guess this should have gone into the Picture Perfect section.

kingquad said:
BrowningBAR said:
kingquad said:

Rear vent option available? OAK? Mobile home approved?

I'm sure the clearances are pretty sweet. Also, looks to have a 6+ cu ft firebox. If this were a vogelzang stove, they'd rate it as a 1.2 million BTU output stove....

Reactions: Ashful
Yeah, those are both old mines. The round window on the spherical one looks to be a for-real porthole...I recognize the closure hardware. Sure hope they switched out the original glass. Guy's obviously got better things to do than worry about something as boring as hearth protection. :ahhh: Rick

fossil said:
Yeah, those are both old mines. The round window on the spherical one looks to be a for-real porthole...I recognize the closure hardware. Sure hope they switched out the original glass. :ahhh: Rick

Yeah, the one with the two porthole windows is my favorite. And yes, they are all mines as it turns out: http://www.marinemine.com/#minefurniture

BrowningBAR said:
Hmmm.... I guess this should have gone into the Picture Perfect section.

Yeah, I don't think these are exactly mainstream stoves that we're going to be discussing in detail...but they sure are interesting! I'll move the thread over to the Perfect Picture forum in a few minutes. Rick

wood spliter said:
Where did you get the port holes from? I'm a scuba diver.

I did not make the stoves. I just found the artist online. If you click the website of the artist that I posted it might say where he got the materials. Not sure, though.

It's made by the elm stove guy. He got tired of being pigeonholed.

I would love to use soemthing like that for a shop stove. Lots of navy history buffs around here since so many navy guys land here after retirement.

Without any exaggeration, those stoves are 'da bomb'!

Oh wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.