Wood stove glass.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic deal! I got as far as checkout and decided to wait. Wonder what it would cost to send to the states and would it make it unbroken? Probably cost 25.00 to ship. Doesn't matter what it fits does it. As long as it bigger you can always cut it down.

BTW aren't you guys on the metric system? That glass is in inches. Shouldn't it be in Centimeters or Millimeters or some kinda meters.

I took it far enough to find out that shipping to me here in Virginia would be $18.25 for two pieces of the glass.

wkpoor said:
BTW aren't you guys on the metric system? That glass is in inches. Shouldn't it be in Centimeters or Millimeters or some kinda meters.

Officially Metric, unofficially both. Most things that come in sizes are stated in both. Personally I do temperature in Celsius, distance in kilometers, liquids in litres but weights in pounds, area in square feet. No reason for it just how I think when I need those tools. I was in my 20's when Canada changed over to the Metric system so can use either comfortably. My children have only known metric but still use the terms inches and feet when measuring things by guesstimate but when actually measuring something they say the object is x number of centimeters etc.

Now here is my question, we have an enamel Oslo, do you think putting a piece of this "glass" on top of the stove as a buffer between the stove and say a pot work to protect the enamel or is this a bad/dangerous/dumb idea?

BrotherBart said:
I took it far enough to find out that shipping to me here in Virginia would be $18.25 for two pieces of the glass.
Might still be a steal of a deal. But unless you need it now its just something else to inventory so you'll forget where you put it, or it will get broken before you need it.
Still a great deal !

lucy said:
wkpoor said:

Now here is my question, we have an enamel Oslo, do you think putting a piece of this "glass" on top of the stove as a buffer between the stove and say a pot work to protect the enamel or is this a bad/dangerous/dumb idea?

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Glass-top kitchen ranges use the same material for their stove top.
Better get to Princess Auto quick, before it's all gone....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.