Wood stove heat travel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emt1581

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2010
PA
I had my VC Encore 2in1 installed this week and I LOVE it!!

However, I don't understand how the rooms in my home on the same level and upstairs are all toasty warm but neither the walls or floors are hot or even warm to the touch. I mean the heat radiates from the stove so logically it should warm up whatever is in it's path...no?

Anyone know how this heat stuff works?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

Well in order to be warm to the touch they have to be close to or exceed your body temp. I would NOT want the walls warm to the touch, unless it is right near the stove. The stove heats the air, the warm air raises up and is replaced by cooler air, eventually you have a cycle of moving air, all be it slow, in the residence. Depending on the layout of the building, and about a million variables, the heat moves through the home, and you are warm and toasty.

Shawn

Who cares, as long as it works?! Radiant heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.