Wood Stove Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qball

Mar 13, 2006
I recently was given a brand new stove, but the person that gave it to me knew nothing about it. It is a smaller model, very similar in dimensions to the Jotul 602. It is cast iron and says Fjord across the top in front above the door. It has a raised design on the side that has people and horses and on the back it says Taiwan across the bottom. I have been all over the internet trying to find out what kind of stove this is so that I can see if I can locate anything about it (i.e. clearances etc.). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Kevin

If you cant find any listed clearances, you have do defalut to nfpa 211. Im shure elk has all the data, but i belive that it requires a 36 inch setback, and a protected surface setback of 24". Elk?

Can you post a picture. Lets try to identify it and see if we can dig up a manual. Does the door have a gasket?
,(MSG the new kinder gentler approach,) Sounds like older scandia Jotul knock off. Please measure the flue collar inside and out side dementions and report back to the forum. Check the back for a Listing lable or underneath?

Status
Not open for further replies.