Wood stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes or go with a high efficiency zero clearance fireplace which is probably what the $15000 price was for
I didn't know there was a difference between zero clearance and a insert, I tight both were the same. These zc ones look great too.

I didn't know there was a difference between zero clearance and a insert, I tight both were the same. These zc ones look great too.
We have been telling you this through this whole thread

I thought I had a zc not a wood burning zc.

So why would anybody get a insert instead of a zc? What's the diff between the two. Ones 15k and the other is 25k.

An insert is for when you already have a regular fireplace that you want to make efficient.

Reactions: bholler
I thought I had a zc not a wood burning zc.

So why would anybody get a insert instead of a zc? What's the diff between the two. Ones 15k and the other is 25k.
People who already have an open fireplace suitable for an insert will get one to get efficient heat. Hardly anyone builds a fireplace just to put an insert in. And 25000 is a starting price just for the fireplace

People who already have an open fireplace suitable for an insert will get one to get efficient heat. Hardly anyone builds a fireplace just to put an insert in. And 25000 is a starting price just for the fireplace
I've googled zc fireplaces and they seem to be 4-5k

Yes, if this is a Napoleon gas fireplace and the goal is wood heat, then it's a tear out and replacement with a free-standing stove.

Reactions: dafattkidd
The least expensive high-efficiency units start in that range. They go up to $10k and higher.

Yes, then that much for the chimney, then a couple thousand for install. Then materials and costs for finishing.