wood stove insulation issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davids607

Feb 10, 2015
South Carolina
I have a 2.0 wood pro stove, i got the thru the wall chimney kit by Duraplus or Duravent. My issue is that i came up short on the thru the wall and into the thimble section, by about 6" i did not notice that the kit was missing the extra class A section that connects to the thimble. the wood stove pipe however does connect to the section outside so there is a complete connection between the indoor pipe and the duravent chimney. I was going to get ceramic insulation to protect the thimble box from heat. Im hoping this will fix the problem?... since the chimney is only just a combination of metal, air and ceramic insulation...any suggestions please im disabled and can't do this hard work...especially when its all done, and i can't undue it. The t does extend about 6" inside the wall but doesn't reach to the thimble. Guess my walls are thick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Going top see if I can get you moved to wood stove section:)

You can not run stove pipe past the wall to the tee. The heat radiating off of a horiz. stove pipe is very high. Instead you need Class A chimney pipe to extend from the tee, through the wall and 6" into the room. Get the proper section of chimney pipe and finish off the job safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.