Wood stove liner confusion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it was about 4x4x 5ft tall. all wrapped in 1x4 wood, liner on top of stove. I had to pry jt open w a flatbar and hammer.

I paid for lift gate service from northern tool so they used a hydraulic cart to put it in my garage. when the delivery company first called me they asked how I was planning on getting it off their truck, to which I replied I had paid for a service for that.

The opening to my basement is a little under 36". If I unpacked the liner, would the stove fit the long way.

oh yeah for sure. its only that big because theres a palet w the stove, and trim parts then the box w liner on top its all packed in to one indiana jones like crate. open it up and u would just carry the stove down by itself

oh yeah for sure. its only that big because theres a palet w the stove, and trim parts then the box w liner on top its all packed in to one indiana jones like crate. open it up and u would just carry the stove down by itself
Oh no, the basement is a walk-in from the driveway.

I just measured the pieces the packaging was made of, looks like it was something more like 32"x32" x 5'6"

sorry for the misinformation I was going off memory

So I was waiting for something to go wrong, but the drolet 1800 trio was delivered today. I can't see how they can do it, $1300, for the stove, 25' vortex liner, and 50" surround, plus free shipping. Its the same trio package at the drolet website.

wow thats a great price I paid $1550 after shipping from northern tool, where did u buy from and did they take it off the truck for you?

Its raining here but i will be installing my drolet 1800i in the next few days, very excited

I had a problem with chimney swifts nesting in my flue this year so i was not thrilled with the fact that this kit has no screen on the cap.

I ended up buying this cap with built in screen...I don't know if its any good yet
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Slip-In-Rounds-Chimney-Caps-/181880937777

and this 12inch extension as well
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UJJFEA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

I post a pic when I'm done I'm not sure if it's going to look funny but I'm right on the line for clearance, so an extra 12" is welcome

Can't wait to see your install. I made tentative install of 10/6, but I fear Joaquin's remnants may be here then.

Status
Not open for further replies.