Wood stove locked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dco223

Oct 18, 2021
Massachusetts
Hello, just inherited a wood stove from my new house move and the previous owner was showing me how to use it. Apparently , it requires two latches to open and the owner thinks the his movers took one by accident. Any idea what replacement part I need? Haven’t had any luck finding a similar model stove online. The square tapered insert is the piece I need the latch for. Thanks!

5F8449EF-4408-4E82-B7D6-165041D42F78.jpeg 22BAF6CF-128E-4DCF-8769-C1914804F1A5.jpeg

Hello, just inherited a wood stove from my new house move and the previous owner was showing me how to use it. Apparently , it requires two latches to open and the owner thinks the his movers took one by accident. Any idea what replacement part I need? Haven’t had any luck finding a similar model stove online. The square tapered insert is the piece I need the latch for. Thanks!

View attachment 283515 View attachment 283516
What stove is it?

Can you post some pics of the ENTIRE unit?
That might help with identification.
Those two pics are of no help.

It looks a bit like a moroso latch but no way to know from that pic

to get by in the mean time: vise grip on the left, appropriately sized screw driver (diagonally in the hole) on the right...? (L/R as per first pic)