Wood stove model and glass door kits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agapetos

Nov 17, 2009
Sedona AZ
Hello everyone!!

I have a wood burning stove that I have never used, and finally decided that it would be something worth while.

I am not sure if I am saving money, but I really love the heat the way it feels and the sounds as well.

I have a Vigilant Vermont casting stove.
However, I have no idea how to find out what model it is.
Can anyone help me with that?

Secondly, the reason for needing the model is because there are no glass doors in this stove.
I love watching the fire, but it burns down too quick with the doors open.

It DOES say something about glass door kit # 73, but I have not been able to find this kit anywhere.
Any one out there have any suggestions I sure would appreciate it,

sincerely,
Michael.

PS thanks for a great forum, I look forward to snoop around and learn about how to do this right!

Thanks, that is helpful.

Also, do you have a link to how properly use a wood burning stove?

I seem to get a lot of smoke in the house, even though we adjust the "flaps"
on the back to let the draft suck it out...any help is appreciated.

thanks a lot,
Michael

Download the Owners Manual for your Vermont Castings stove. At the VC website, here on Hearth.com or other sites on the web.
You can usually find a PDF file of it. Read and follow it.

Contact a local stove dealer to become a resource and personal contact in AZ. Also, since it is quite obvious that
your stove seems to have been unused for a long time, a cleaning and flue
inspection is in order. Before your next stove use!

The duct(s) on the back of the stove are for fresh air intake / temperature control of the stove. If you have a smoke condition in
your room, do not burn until it is completely inspected and you learn the proper use of your
fine stove.

Smoke is carbon monoxide, CO. You should have none inside your home.

Burn your stove safely, you will enjoy it so much more.

thanks a lot, I will certainly educate myself on this and have someone come inspect and clean the flue etc.

In appreciation,
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.