Wood Stove Pipe Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim249

Feb 1, 2015
Idaho
Hi All; My first post here. I bought a home in Oregon that has a stove pipe installed. The previous owner had the old potbelly stove removed and capped off the pipe. The neighbor said it was an old one and nice looking. My problem now is to hook back up to the original pipe with the correct pipe. The inner pipe going to the roof is 7" in dia and the outside flange is 7.25" in dia. It looks to me that a special piece of pipe would fit in there and attach with the 4 screw holes in the 7.25" flange. Any one recognize it? Thanks for any help! 100_0729.JPG 100_0731.JPG 100_0733.JPG

Looks like a standard 6" or 7" would slide right into place, have you tried that?

have it inspected by a pro before you hook anything to it. And ask tham at the very least the bottom needs straightened out

Looks like a standard 6" or 7" would slide right into place, have you tried that?
I have not tried that yet because it looks as if there is a special type of pipe that would fit in there.
have it inspected by a pro before you hook anything to it. And ask tham at the very least the bottom needs straightened out
I took pictures down to the stove shop and they were not quite sure about it. Hence, that is why I am here. If I install a 7" pipe, it would look tacky to me with the gap that would show between the flange and pipe. I did straighten out the inner pipe after the pictures were taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.