Wood Stove Placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A cursory check of angieslist shows that oak and hickory are the most popular.

And those are really dense and take a long time to dry. Maybe you can get a deal by asking for the "bad" stuff.
Some of the places claim their wood has been seasoned 8-9 months on average, but who knows.

Simply ask how long ago the wood has been split and stacked. Only then does the drying start. You will soon learn that "seasoned" usually means the tree has been cut several months ago and then the wood has been sitting in logs somewhere.

Last edited:
Hi BO- As a dealer for Enviro and burning a Kodiak 1700 FS myself, I can assure you it is a workhorse. Burns smooth and consistently 8-10 hours between loads (Progressive Burn Technology), I heat about 1600 sqft here in Connecticut. The Fpx is a fine unit too, but I do believe Enviro stoves offer a lot for the money spent. Wood is absolutely the key, good wood, good heat, wet wood, frustration. It will eventually burn the water out and burn, but it loses a lot of heat output in doing that. Get the wood going best you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.