Wood Stove Search in Oregon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oregonsearch

Nov 14, 2007
Oregon City, Oregon
We are replacing our old Jotul stove, the one with the deer embossed on the side. We are needing to heat approximately 1100 sq. ft. in an old farmhouse. We can open the door to the upstairs and let extra heat flow up if it gets too hot. We are trying to decide between the following stoves:

Jotul Castine
Hearthstone Heritage
Hearthstone Shelburne

We have an oil furnace but would like to heat mainly with wood. We would appreciate any comments, suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks, Oregonsearch

All good choices. The F400 is the smallest and probably best fit. But if you will be burning 24/7 and have additional sq ft upstairs you'd like to heat, I'd go with the soapstone Heritage.

Burning Pine, seems like big and soapstone would be the ticket.

OregonSearch - I'm over in Newberg. I'm heating about 700 sq feet with a Hearthstone Homestead - the smaller brother of the Heritage. Bought it in June from Buck's Stove Palace in Portland. We were going to buy a Jotul there but my wife saw the Heritage in operation when we went in and that's how we ended up with soapstone. There's a ton of soapstone info from previous posts on this site and they helped. Buck even came over to look at my layout. The Homestead is very good but is just one of the many stoves you will want to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.