Wood stove temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

reneroman77

Dec 6, 2016
West Caldwell
How long does the stove remain in the 400-600 degree range on a normal day? I'm still trying to learn. I think I'm creosoting the crap out of my brand new install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long does the stove remain in the 400-600 degree range on a normal day? I'm still trying to learn. I think I'm creosoting the crap out of my brand new install.
What stove and what type of install? What type of wood are you using and wha tis it's moisture content? If you are worried about creosote buildup just check the chimney

Reactions: Squisher
I've been burning for some time, and really can't say. I put wood on or burn down the coals as needed to regulate the house temp, Not the stove temp. I just pay attention that there is proper burn cycle what ever the burn is.