A house and a garage were badly damaged by fire in Perth County over the weekend. The house fire was on Line 67 of Mornington Ward Saturday afternoon. Perth East firefighters brought the blaze under control quickly, but the house suffered extensive damage. No one was at home at the time. A wood stove in the basement is the suspected cause. The garage fire was along Line 81 in Elma ward late last night. The two-storey garage was destroyed, along with several items stored inside, including an ATV equipped with a plow, hand tools and drill presses, a Mig welder and air compressor. The fire started near a wood stove in the garage.