Wood Thief

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the pic of the big saw. No Smart car around, so I put myself in the picture to reference the saw to something little.....:p

Hang this on the woodstack, and tell that sumbich if he comes back and tries to take more wood, he's leaving without his legs.......

100_3051.JPG

WHen the local stop n go is selling a few wimpy splits for 4-5$ each you bet your wood is valuable. When the economy tanks altogether you will have to keep your
wood in the living room for it to be safe.

What is better? Having your wood right on the road, where a lot of people drive by and someone will see somebody loading it up, or having it WAYYYY off the road 800' up the driveway, but right off the driveway? We have the 2nd one. Fortunately, our neighbors keep odd hours, so they might still see something.

What is better? Having your wood right on the road, where a lot of people drive by and someone will see somebody loading it up, or having it WAYYYY off the road 800' up the driveway, but right off the driveway? We have the 2nd one. Fortunately, our neighbors keep odd hours, so they might still see something.

Having it way, way off the road.

I vote for way off the road and out of sight . . . out of sight, out of mind . . . plus it makes it more of a challenge for the lazy thief.

The best legal thing to do is write down the ATV registration numbers and report them and get them on video and post on you tube, then find some local place to put links to the video. .

Registration #'s?? What are those? Its a ATV. There is no identifiable things on a 4wheeler around here other than the serial # or some special mod which could make it a one of a kind.

Reactions: Danno77
There is no ATV registration in SC? In NH, you better not get caught off your property W/O a reg. Nice big juicy fine. If you did get the reg #, the fish and Game Dept. will be on them like a tiger on a raw steak.

Want to hear one better? If you have an ATV you use with wheels during the summer, and you put tracks on it to use during the winter, you have to register it TWICE, as an ATV AND a snowmobile. New law for '12 in NH. I call Bullshit.

Reactions: Thistle
Yeah. Gotta have it registered if you wanna ride on any State land (Forestry, State Park, Etc).

The Serial # is all its based on. Just like the VIN # on your car. There are 1,000,000 Silver Focus' on the road. But I still have to register mine.

Also, not only does it have to be registered to ride on State land, certain places require you to purchase "Cert's" to ride on there property (Wayne National Forest in Ohio is one place). Hatfield/McCoy's may do this also (they may not, but with all that property, it only seems as if they would).

Registration #'s?? What are those? Its a ATV. There is no identifiable things on a 4wheeler around here other than the serial # or some special mod which could make it a one of a kind.

I doubt anybody who took the time and paid the dues to register their ATV is out stealing off your woodpiles anyways.

There is no ATV registration in SC? In NH, you better not get caught off your property W/O a reg. Nice big juicy fine. If you did get the reg #, the fish and Game Dept. will be on them like a tiger on a raw steak.

Want to hear one better? If you have an ATV you use with wheels during the summer, and you put tracks on it to use during the winter, you have to register it TWICE, as an ATV AND a snowmobile. New law for '12 in NH. I call Bullshit.

Same law here in Maine . . . heck . . . probably NH caught wind of our law and figured they could do the same thing and get more registration money.

As pointed out though . . . if someone is stealing they're probably not the type to register their ATV either . . . even if it was required.

Put dolly wheels on your sled and run it in the summer. Stick to the man bro.

Reactions: Thistle
Here's the pic of the big saw. No Smart car around, so I put myself in the picture to reference the saw to something little.....:p

Hang this on the woodstack, and tell that sumbich if he comes back and tries to take more wood, he's leaving without his legs.......

View attachment 76375
you could noodle yerself with that bad boy Scotty! Wait..... that just sounded wrong:p LOL
nice saw BTW
chuck

Not sure about noodlin' myself with it Chuck, but I will say that big saw gives me wood!!:p

That saw is enormous. You aren't a shrimp and that thing is as big as you. Are you taking down Sequoias with that thing?

Reactions: ScotO
18 month old pic - I've since lost the saw (sold it),winter beard (shaved it off),plus a few pounds (that have stayed off thankfully) :p

Attachments

• me ready for action40311.JPG
    me ready for action40311.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: ScotO and Realstone
Status
Not open for further replies.