Wood Today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I was able to haul two loads of hard maple and beech before the thunder/rain came. Picture 100_0799 is when the clouds starting rolling in the other two are the first and second loads.

I have two or three face cord of basswood that has to come out from the area I'm in then the four face cord up top will come down in the fall.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0796.jpg
    100_0796.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 482
  • 100_0798.jpg
    100_0798.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_0799.jpg
    100_0799.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 454
I can't believe you have any woods left at this point. :lol: Good job!

rdust said:
I can't believe you have any woods left at this point. :lol: Good job!

I decided that I'm cutting during the summer so I can try to get three years ahead, I still have enough down that with what I have bucked and split already I should have about 40 face cord then I'll do some fall fishing for walleye.

zap

PapaDave said:
Nice haul Zap. Def. a good feeling being ahead.

Thanks PapaDave and yes it is good being ahead, last year it was a big rush (1st year burning) bucking, stacking then we had a bad summer for drying but we made it through the first winter. I'm looking forward at burning some one and two year old wood plus I think the weather we have had so far is better then all last summer.

Zap

It's def. been a drier year so far. I moved a cord into the shed last weekend, and man, is it ever nice to see that stuff not getting wet when it DOES rain. Gonna' be a good winter for me. The woodshed was a good move.
I resplit one of the splits (oak), and it's about 20% mc. This is the stuff that got put in the field last summer.

While you guys were out working, I was out on a 35 mile bike ride this morning. It is a beautiful day for riding too. Maybe I'll go out again this afternoon! The wood can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.