1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Wood usage for a Lopi Flex 95

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by gzecc, Feb 8, 2013.

1. gzecc

gzecc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NNJ
    Looking at a used Lopi. Can any users give any feedback?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    I moved your thread over to the hearth room where it might get a better response for this style question.

This is a pretty good sized stove at just under 3 cubic feet and a cat stove too. So, if the cat is new and/or working properly, this stove would probably heat a med to decent sized home with well seasoned fuel in NNJ on about 4-4.5 cord of wood depending on about 10,000 variables. 5 cord should give you come wiggle room and help with that first year learning curve.

All depends on how you plan to use the stove, how well your home spreads / retains the heat, how hot you like it, if you are willing to supplement in very cold weather, etc, etc.

Being a cat stove, if not run full tilt, I could see it cleanly burning much less fuel also.

My first year with my new stove I went through almost 5 cord. The following winter was about 4.5 cord. Last year was mild so it was only 3.5 cord. This year is looking like it will be about 4 to 4.25 cord if things keep going as they are. With my fisher, pre-epa stove, I was going through upwards of 6 cord.

How much wood you chewing through with that Buck stove now? Plan on using this thing this same way?

pen