Wood used so far/ shed was full- 3 rows +

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Used a little over 4 cords I figure. Burning some spruce now, warmer temps 15 to 30 °f .
1 row left of 2 yr - dry birch.
Getting over 14 hour burns with the spruce. (2/3 to 3/4 full stove)

Attachments

• 100_5714.jpg
    100_5714.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 602
Wow That looks Awesome.

[quote author="bogydave" date="1296444827"]

bogydave just think of the fun you'll have filling that again. Looks great.

Zap

Im impressed with the set up

I think you and I are on the same pace Dave. Gotta love what you can get away with burning when it is 15 to 30 especially if the wind isn't blowing.

Only 4 cords used up there...that's great!

Beauty of a shed.....exaclty what I have planned to build this year. Was wondering if your posts are just into the ground or did you pour footers of some sort? Anything you would do differtnly if you were to build again?

love that shed. How do you like the air over here where you dont have to deal with tarps or snow. We have a much smaller setup but still my tarp days are over. Why didnt I do it any sooner?

muncybob said:
Only 4 cords used up there...that's great!

Beauty of a shed.....exaclty what I have planned to build this year. Was wondering if your posts are just into the ground or did you pour footers of some sort? Anything you would do differtnly if you were to build again?

different? : I'd build the roof frame about 2" shorter so I'd have 2" overhang on the back, I made it to fit an 8' sheet of ply wood, as is I don't have much overhang on back.
Plus I'd buy 8 more 2X4s than I thought I needed. Make sure I have enough nails, another trip (save me trips to the lumber yard ;) )
& roof it ASAP. I had good weather, loaded in the wood ,went fishing, then rainy season hit, covered roof with tarps, tarps blew away/ripped.

buried Pier blocks, treated 4X4 posts

Attachments

• 12x12-Pier-Bracket.jpg
    12x12-Pier-Bracket.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 357
That's what our shed is resting on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.