Wood Wagons

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RowCropRenegade

Feeling the Heat
Mar 19, 2008
Southwest, Ohio
I recently bought a couple of wagons for 100 bucks a piece.

They seem to fit the application very well. Stacked way up like the back wagon is right at a full cord. The sides drop down for easy stacking and for drying. The back trailer has forklift tires on it. The ATV handles them nicely but need the pickup to back them when full. (4x4 kicks out on the ATV when you put in reverse)

These wagons they used to use at the airpark to tug 5 of them to the airplanes. Heavy duty. Bargain price I think. I'd like to have a couple more. They hook in tandem very easily.

Attachments

• DSC00727.jpg
    DSC00727.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC00728.jpg
    DSC00728.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 379
  • DSC00729.jpg
    DSC00729.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 377
Thats cool

what size of tire are on that one with the smaller wheels? it almost looks cartoonish....

edit. nevermind, i really need to start reading the posts instead of just looking at the pictures.

RowCropRenegade said:
The ATV handles them nicely but need the pickup to back them when full. (4x4 kicks out on the ATV when you put in reverse

Put a hitch on the front of the ATV. You don't have to twist your head that way also.
leaddog

The tractor will probably pull them around in tandem when I get it fixed. (blew up the hydraulic pump, faulty remote valve caused it) The x2 weighs 1500 lbs but it isn't rated for that. Back wagon is all Black Locust. It could weigh 5000. They weigh as much as the ATV empty. 8)

I'd have paid $100 for one of them too. Looks great for hauling wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.