WOODBUTCHER's Stock pile for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
My neighbor dropped off his 22 ton log splitter and within an hour I had 3 pickup truck loads of oak all done for next year.
Never really used a splitter before (it was a treat)......I had an dying Elm tree I took down last year that was hangin over the driveway ...didnt plan on burning it because I've tried to split it before (it had some really big knots also).......so I grabbed a 12 inch piece about 16 inches long......and had to jack the trottle up on the splitter and even then it was bogging the motor....I'm leaving the rest to weigh down the tarp on my pile....not worth it (really stringy, had to flip the piece and send the piston through it twice)

Attachments

• tntwood2.jpg
    tntwood2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 568
  • tntwood3.jpg
    tntwood3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 485
VERY nice.... We gotta get us one of those...Especially if I'm gonna get another 8 cords delivered soon... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.