WoodButcher's Wood Stash so Far.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODBUTCHER

Minister of Fire
I'm just about done with the wood mess and my Oslo, it's that time of the year when I don't even want to put another GD log into the stove.
But...............
Got plenty of wood stacked for next year, have just about 1.5 cords for 2011/2012.
Good weather close by......

WoodButcher

Attachments

• big_stack.jpg
    big_stack.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 568
  • littlestack.jpg
    littlestack.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 593
  • ash_pile.jpg
    ash_pile.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 559
how much is there?

Nice stacks. Wish we didn't have any snow on the ground either

There's a foot of snow here and I had a fire going last evening despite the mild weather. I still have a couple cord of wood in the East half of the woodshed and the West side is full to the rafters (6 cord). I was planning to renovate the East side this year before I move the 5 cord I have sitting outside in, but the way it looks now, I will have to move the 2 cord that's left over out first. Damn, I hate having to stack the same wood more than once. Stacking it three times really burns me.

Hey that is a good start Woodbutcher. Now see how much more you can add to your stash. Don't stop now!!!

Looks nice,, that's for sure.
Neat & straight & dry.
Did you say you are "done". ? yea right, you're hooked, I bet it grows some before next winter :)

LLigetfa said:
There's a foot of snow here and I had a fire going last evening despite the mild weather. I still have a couple cord of wood in the East half of the woodshed and the West side is full to the rafters (6 cord). I was planning to renovate the East side this year before I move the 5 cord I have sitting outside in, but the way it looks now, I will have to move the 2 cord that's left over out first. Damn, I hate having to stack the same wood more than once. Stacking it three times really burns me.

I can unload those two cords for you if you want...

Of course you know that since you're thoroughly disgusted with the whole thing, SOMEONE nearby that frequents the Hearth would be more than happy to dispose of that mess for you.

That's a fine looking stash you have there Woodbutcher. Looks like you have plenty room for more.

bogydave said:
Looks nice,, that's for sure.
Neat & straight & dry.
Did you say you are "done". ? yea right, you're hooked, I bet it grows some before next winter :)

You're right, I just downed a bunch trees for my FIL at his place, 2 Pin Oaks, 3 Red Maples and a bunch of cherry.
We thinned out a bunch of stuff for him.........

WoodButcher

Status
Not open for further replies.