1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Woodchuck 3100 Rebuild with pictures

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mhinch, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhinch

mhinch Member

Loc:
    Piedmont, NC
    I found this advertised on craigslist, seemed to be just what I need to keep the shop warm this winter. From what i can decipher it is a 1979 model. The specs are available online and the state this to be a 120k-160k BTU unit. Plans are to install it in the basement and run ducting through the floor. The shop is approximately 1800 SF with insulation in the walls, ceiling and poured walls for the basement. Had to do a little bit of welding, bought $12 worth of high temp paint and a whole lot of elbow grease.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mhinch

mhinch Member

Loc:
    Piedmont, NC
    more pictures.....

Attached Files:

3. jimbom

jimbom Combustion Analyzer

Loc:
    Missouri Ozarks
    Looks too good to put in the basement. Amazing transformation. Paint, elbow grease, and skill go a long way in this world.
  4. lampmfg

lampmfg Member

Loc:
    Tower, MN
    Looks like your work has paid off...
  5. laynes69

laynes69 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashland OH
    If it's not too late, I would put a coat of paint on the inside of the cabinet. Just to protect from any more corrosion. Before we bought our new furnace, I rebuilt our old usstove 1500. Replaced the baffle rails, straightened the baffle and put in new grates. Made a huge difference. Looks good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.